精华
积分
UID

画馆特别贡献奖 画馆创作大师奖

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-9-6 21:53:29 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览

A Father-Son Clash in Japanese Animation
Hayao Miyazaki had long wanted to create an animated "Earthsea." His novice son did.
By Bruce Wallace, Times Staff Writer
September 4, 2006

TOKYO -- Through the fantasies of animation, director Hayao Miyazaki has spoken to children and adults around the world, his language of color and movement creating some of the best-loved movies of our times. Yet plunked into the real-world intimacy of home and family, Miyazaki the father never had much to say to his eldest son.

"To be honest, we're not that close; we don't know how to communicate," Goro Miyazaki says when asked whether his father had spoken to him about the commercial success of "Gedo Senki" (Tales From Earthsea), the son's debut as a director.

ADVERTISEMENTReleased in Japan on July 29, "Earthsea" has been the country's top-drawing film for four of the last five weeks; the film screened at the Venice Film Festival on Sunday but cannot have a release in the U.S. until an American TV series' copyright expires in 2009.

"I heard from other people that he thought it was an honest film, but frankly I think it was wise he never said anything to me directly," the younger Miyazaki says. "We would probably have ended up shouting and fighting. It would have been a messy situation."

It is that cold relationship between father and son — the father an icon of the Japanese animation industry, the son trying to step out of that shadow, making his first feature film at the late age of 39 — that makes it hard to call it coincidence when "Earthsea" opens with a son's murder of his father.

It is a foul murder: the prince named Arren sneaking up on the king and plunging a sword through his chest. The father dies bewildered as to the motive, and Arren flees into rootless exile. Only later does he confess to a companion that his father was "a great man" and that he has no inkling of what led him to kill.

He is merely filled with an inner rage he can't explain.

"No, I never felt I wanted to kill my father — because we didn't have that much of a relationship to begin with," says the younger Miyazaki during an interview in the Tokyo offices of Studio Ghibli, the animation house Hayao Miyazaki built with the success of such films as "My Neighbor Totoro" and, more recently, "Spirited Away" and "Howl's Moving Castle." "I never thought that scene was about me when I was making the film.

"It's not an experience of my own, but the experience of the young people I have met," he continues. "Arren represents the young generation in Japan. They are under mental stress. They have a rage inside them. And it is some of these kids who might feel like killing their parents."

But before the youngsters watching "Earthsea" get any murderous ideas, they're going to have to get their heads around a universe drawn with an almost old-fashioned look. This is not "Cars" with dragons or "Over the Hedge" in a bigger landscape. "Earthsea's" backgrounds look like they've been drawn by English landscape artists, the skies could be canvases of a Dutch Old Master. You can see the brush strokes on screen.

Something is amiss in this world as the movie opens. The livestock have become listless. There is a drought in the provinces. Magic chants are forgotten. More ominously, the dragons that long ago opted out of man's world have returned and begun to fight each other.

"The setting is Europe, but the characters are a portrait of the young generation of Japanese," Miyazaki explains. He describes Japan as a society in which children are pampered and showered with material plenty, yet lead lives devoid of purpose: no injustices to rail against, as Miyazaki said he did when he was young, no older generation's values to overthrow.

"In the past, parents did not dote so much on their children," he says. "They were busy at work, didn't have so much money. The children had to grow up on their own, but they were stronger mentally because of it."

Miyazaki says his father was, like so many fathers of the generation that grew up in postwar Japan, singularly focused on his work. "It was really just me and my mother when I was growing up; any advice I needed I got from her," he says. "Until I left home to go to university, my father was too busy and didn't have the opportunity to even chat with me."

Animation was not something he discussed much in the Miyazaki home, nor a field to which the young Goro aspired. He studied forestry at Shinshu University and started a career in landscape design, planning parks and gardens and working on urban tree-planting projects.

But in 1998 he took on responsibility for the design of the Ghibli Museum, a theme park the studio was building in a rare splash of green space in a Tokyo suburb. The museum showcases animated characters from the studio's catalog of films and has a hands-on exhibit of an animation studio. Miyazaki became the museum's managing director in 2001, a job he gave up last year when he started messing around in the real studio with the "Earthsea" project.

Hayao Miyazaki had wanted to make a film version of the "Earthsea" book series more than 20 years ago but had been rebuffed by Ursula K. Le Guin, the author. By the time she relented, the older Miyazaki had announced his retirement from making films (a vow he has since retracted).

Instead, Ghibli's powerful producer Toshio Suzuki handed the project to Goro, who had started to hang around animation study groups and present ideas of his own.

There was great resistance to his arrival. First, other young animators at the studio ironically saw it as a case of paternalism. And Le Guin has complained that she was assured Hayao Miyazaki would supervise the project and has sniped at Goro's finished version, saying that it is too violent and lacks subtlety in its portrayal of evil.

There was criticism too from Hayao Miyazaki, who made it clear — publicly — that he didn't like Goro invading his turf.

"It was because I was completely inexperienced," Goro says, who consistently refers to his father in formal terms as "Miyazaki Hayao." "Not only had I never directed a film, I had never been in the animation industry. Suddenly I was about to make a feature film, and he was appalled."

Miyazaki says he wanted to make a human drama, different from his father's films, which he says he finds "too simple." (Hayao Miyazaki, who rarely speaks to the press, declined to be interviewed for this story.) He was on his way to making a movie without dragons or magic when Suzuki intervened and told him to "bring the dragons in."

"It's a Studio Ghibli movie," Miyazaki says with a shrug. "It's a commercial film and it has to be entertaining."

Critics here have debated just how entertaining "Earthsea" is. Some reviewers have called it "immature," and many have complained about what the Japanese see as excessive dialogue for an animated movie.

But the movie has pulled in Hayao Miyazaki-like numbers at the box office. It has buried this summer's animated rivals like "Cars" and the Japanese horror flick "Brave Story."

The reason may lie with the power of the Miyazaki brand in Japan. Sure, the elder Miyazaki's worlds are ravaged by the folly of adults and the pestilence of war, and environmental degradation threatens his beloved bucolic landscapes. But he always saw hope in the innocent wisdom of children.

And, Goro Miyazaki is asked, does "Earthsea" not send a similar message? Is it not a movie where parents abuse and abandon their children, but the children rise to make the right moral choices in the end? Where the happiest scenes are on the farm, an idyll where the work is honest and the people are free?

Does "Earthsea" not share a vision, then, with the films of Hayao Miyazaki?

"Yes," the son says quietly. "Yes, it does."

中文翻译要稍后放出

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-9-6 22:07:35编辑过]

主题

好友

积分

小龙猫

在线时间
61 小时
威望
0 点
财产
252 个栗子果
人气
0 ℃
最后登录
2012-7-1
注册时间
2006-5-20
帖子
主题
精华
积分
UID
沙发
发表于 2006-9-7 00:08:30 |只看该作者

其实宫崎吾郎挺可怜的

哎~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

青青子衿,悠悠我心,但为君故,沉吟至今~~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

小树精

在线时间
1 小时
威望
5 点
财产
791 个栗子果
人气
0 ℃
最后登录
2007-10-15
注册时间
2006-6-25
帖子
主题
精华
积分
UID
地板
发表于 2006-9-10 00:24:55 |只看该作者

这是偶的“处女作”(胖布头语),谢谢胖布头与无处可淘的检查!

--------------------

日本动画界的父子冲突

宫崎骏很久前就想创作《地海传奇》这部动画。他那初涉动画领域的儿子却已经做了。

文:BRUCE WALLACE/时报撰稿人 9月4日,2006年

东京-----通过动画的天马行空,导演宫崎骏跟世界各地的儿童与成人谈天说地,他的风格与音乐创造了很多我们那时代最喜欢的动画。然而回来现实中本应亲密无间的家庭生活,宫崎骏却很少与大儿子谈及这些。

“老实说,我们并不是太亲密,我们不知道如何去沟通。”当宫崎吾郎被问及,他父亲宫崎骏是否与他聊及“GEDO SENKI”(《地海传奇》制作组)所取得的商业成就时,他如是说。

7月29日开始在日本做宣传,过去的五个星期,《地海传奇》占了四个星期的国家超级动画的地位。这部动画在星期日(9月3日)的威尼斯电影节上上演,但要等到2009年美国电视系列版权终止后才能在美国上画。

“我从其它人那里听说,他(宫崎骏)认为这是一部反映现实的动画。坦白说,爸爸没有直接跟我说,这倒是一种明智的做法。”宫崎吾郎说,“我们可能可以避免吵架与争执,要知道那是一种很糟糕的情况。”

这就是一对父子间的冷淡关系-----父亲是日本动画界的泰斗,儿子正努力尝试走出父亲的成就的阴影并在40岁前制作出他第一部特色动画《地海传奇》----当《地海传奇》的制作带着儿子要挑战父亲的味道开展后,很难让人相信这对父子的意见会一致。

这是一场失去理智的刺杀:名叫ARREN的王子在国王前感到自卑,于是挥动手上的剑刺穿国王的胸膛,就这样父王不明不白地被皇儿刺死,ARREN因此而逃跑并开始了无止境的流逐。然而不一会儿后,ARREN竟然跟自己的同伴坦白地承认他的父王是一位“伟人”以及他无法知晓是什么东西促使他杀父。

他仅仅是内心充满无法解释的愤怒。

“不,我从来不觉得自己想杀父亲-----因为我跟父亲的关系微薄得没有令我有这种行动的理由。”在东京吉卜力工作室的接见会上,宫崎吾郎说。吉卜力是宫崎骏成立的动画工作室,出品过许多成功的动画,例如大家耳熟能详的《龙猫》,以及最近比较新的《千与千寻》与《哈尔的移动城堡》。宫崎吾郎说:“我从来没有想过我在制作动画电影时自己会是什么情况。”

“这不是我的经历,而是我见过的年轻人的经历。”宫崎吾郎继续说:“ARREN象征着现在日本的年轻一代。他们忍受着精神压力。他们因此充满愤怒。一些可能想杀死父母的孩子就是这样子的了。“

但是,在看过《地海传奇》的青少年想到任何血腥的念头之前,他们不得不用老旧的形象去绘画他们思想中的宇宙。这不是带科幻性的《汽车总动员》以及在一个较大的场景里“超越障碍”。《地海传奇》的背景看上去像是出自英语世界的艺术家之手,动画里面的天空就像一位荷兰老师傅的帆布画。你可以见到画笔正一笔一笔地在屏幕上作画。

《地海传奇》指出世界上有些东西是错误的。本应可爱的家禽变得很冷漠。生活的村子正闹着旱灾。人们忘记了奇幻的圣歌。更糟糕的是,很久之前离开了人类世界的龙回来了,并相互之间展开了打斗。

“《地海传奇》的故事背景设定在欧洲,但是人物角色是以日本当代年青人为原型。”宫崎吾郎解释说。他把日本描述成是一个儿童过着奢侈与丰盛生活的社会,然后他们的生活却没有目标:没有需要大家去打倒的不公平。宫崎吾郎说他年轻时有这样的念头,没有想过要超越老一辈的成就。

“以前,父母并没有这样溺爱孩子的,”吾郎说,“父母忙着工作,也没有太多的钱。孩子们不得不靠自己仅有的东西去成长。但也因此他们比较坚强。”

宫崎吾郎说他的父亲就是这样,跟战后日本那一代的人差不多,都是异常地专注于他们的工作。“在我成长的过程中真的似乎就只有我与母亲,母亲给我需要的建议,直至我离开家里去上大学,我父亲依然忙得没有机会与我交谈。”

在宫崎的家里,关于动画的话题并不多,关于儿子未来发展方向的也不多。宫崎吾郎在新宿大学学习森林学,设计公园与花园,参加城市的绿化工程,开始了他风景设计的事业生涯。

但是在1998年,他接到了负责设计吉卜力博物馆的工作,它建在绿化少之又少的东京郊区,是以吉卜力工作室为主题的公园。这个博物馆陈列了吉卜力工作室所有作品的动画角色,也会举办关于动画工作室的展览。2001年,宫崎吾郎成为这个博物馆的设计主管,上一年他放弃了这个职业并开始了他的动画制作生涯,在《地海传奇》工作室里忙得一团糟。

早在20多年前,宫崎骏就想制作《地海传奇》这部动画,但是当时被《地海传奇》的作者厄苏拉·勒·瑰恩女士拒绝了。当Ursula K. Le Guin改变主意的时候,宫崎骏却已经发出了退休声明(但后来他复出了),不再做动画了。

取而代之,吉卜力的实力派制作人铃木敏夫把这个动画项目交给了吾郎负责,此时吾郎正在动画学习小组里并初显他的动画理念。

这样一来,宫崎吾郎遇上了很多阻力。一来,工作室里其它年轻的动画工作者会觉得这是带着“家长扶持”的味道,二来,《地海传奇》的作者厄苏拉·勒·瑰恩女士抱怨她原以为是由宫崎骏执导这个动画项目,并批评吾郎完成品,指它太多暴力以及缺乏描述邪恶的精练。

同时,宫崎骏也直接公开地批评,他不喜欢儿子踏足他的领域。

“这是因为我完全缺乏经验。”吾郎说,而他一向参考他父亲的“宫崎骏”模式。“我不仅仅没有执导过一部动画,我之前也从来没有接触过动画界。突然地,我将要制作出一部特色动画作品,他(宫崎骏)当然担心。”

吾郎说他想制作一部谈及人性的戏剧,这与他认为“过于天真简单”的他的父亲的电影有所不同。(很少接受采访的宫崎骏拒绝就《地海传奇》开见面会。)当铃木敏夫想干预他的理念并告诉他“带入龙的角色”时,吾郎正以他自己的方式去制作一部没有龙没有奇幻的动画。

“这是吉卜力的动画。”吾郎耸耸肩说。“这是一部商业动画,它不得不带着娱乐性。”

评论家争论过《地海传奇》到底有多娱乐性。一些评论家指它不够成熟,很多评论家则报怨,作为动画《地海传奇》有太多对白以至于日本人不知道看了什么。

但是这部动画仍然吸引了大批宫崎骏的影迷进场观看。它打败了这个夏天的竞争对手《汽车总动员》以及日本恐怖电影《勇敢的故事》。

理由可能是因为“宫崎”在日本的品牌力量与地位。当然,宫崎骏的世界正被成人的愚昧以及战争所破坏,正受环境恶化威胁到他的田园式的风景作品。但他总能在孩子们天真的智慧中看到希望。

宫崎吾郎被问及,《地海传奇》是否传达着与宫崎骏理念相似的信息?它是否一部以父母肆意批评与放任孩子但孩子最终学会了道德为主题的动画?哪里的农场有幸福的情景,哪里就有赞扬工作的诚实与人们的自由的诗歌?

《地海传奇》与宫崎骏的作品是同一类风格?

“是。”这位儿子静静地回答,“它是。”

[此贴子已经被tower2于2006-9-10 14:28:21编辑过]
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

小树精

在线时间
0 小时
威望
0 点
财产
47 个栗子果
人气
0 ℃
最后登录
2008-9-15
注册时间
2006-2-26
帖子
主题
精华
积分
UID
发表于 2006-9-11 00:56:10 |只看该作者

还没有看过,非常期待中.

现在看了不少新闻,都是些负面的,对这部动画片的好感也开始在下降了,担心它表达不出来内心世界最真实的那部分!吉卜力之前由宫崎骏出的那些作品,的确是太优秀了,每部都很喜欢.

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

无面人

在线时间
3 小时
威望
0 点
财产
180 个栗子果
人气
0 ℃
最后登录
2012-4-11
注册时间
2012-4-1
帖子
主题
精华
积分
UID
发表于 2012-4-1 12:52:57 |只看该作者
]A Father-Son Clash in Japanese Animation  呵呵 英文啊 看不懂
[url=http://www.jdzj.com/products/2012-4-3/23830077-1.html]北京牛皮癣医院[/url]
[url=http://www.jdzj.com/products/2012-4-3/23830077-1.html]北京牛皮癣专科医院[/url]
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

无面人

在线时间
0 小时
威望
0 点
财产
155 个栗子果
人气
0 ℃
最后登录
2012-4-20
注册时间
2012-4-20
帖子
主题
精华
积分
UID
发表于 2012-4-20 14:31:05 |只看该作者
我不为楼主这样的标题所吸引,也不是被帖子的内容所迷惑。我不是来抢沙发的,也不是来打酱油的。我不是为楼主呐喊 加油的,也不是对楼主进行围堵攻击的。我只是为了每天30帖默默奋斗。你是个美女,我毫不关心,你是个怪兽,我决不 在意;你是个帅哥,我不会妒忌,你是个畜男,我也不会BS。你bjbdf466cy白癜风治疗最好的医院bjbdf466cy
的情操再怎么高尚,我也不会赞美,你的道德如何沦丧, 我也不为所动。在这个处处都要银币的时代,不得不弄个牛B的数字来显眼,于是我抄下了这段话,专门用来回帖,好让 我每天有固定的积分收入
[url=http://t.qq.com/cy24476606690]白癜风治疗最好的医院[/url]bjbdf466cy
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

无面人

在线时间
0 小时
威望
0 点
财产
115 个栗子果
人气
0 ℃
最后登录
2012-5-15
注册时间
2012-5-15
帖子
主题
精华
积分
UID
发表于 2012-5-15 11:47:13 |只看该作者
  虽然成绩不好,但总郑州最好的胃病医院, 感觉初中的日子过得特别快,转眼就到了1991年,再过一年,我们即将完成初中学业,我们的学习生活又将面临着新的选择。有些同学胃病郑州哪个医院好,有可能永远离开学校走上社会,有些同郑州治胃病哪家医院好,学可能会步入中等专业学校,有些同学可能留在学校继续研读高中。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入画馆

Archiver|手机版|宫崎骏映画馆    

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 07:02 , Processed in 0.109171 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.